Vision, Values, & Beliefs
- I believe the Bible is the fully inspired Word of God. It is infallible, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- I believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
- I believe sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives.
- I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ as both God and man is the only One who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless and exemplary life, died on the cross in our place, and physically rose again to prove His victory and empower us for life.
- I believe that in order to receive forgiveness and the ‘new birth’ we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and submit to His will for our lives.
- I believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful life God intends for us, we need to be baptized in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit equips us with and enables us to use spiritual gifts.
- I believe in the power and significance of the Church and the necessity of believers to meet regularly together for fellowship, prayer and the ‘breaking of bread’.
- I believe that our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- I believe the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised.
The mission of Rachel Barrentine Ministries is to ignite fresh faith through through music, speaking, writing, & laughter.
4 Core Purposes
I exist to fulfill my 4 core purposes. I do this through original music, videos, songwriting, concerts, books, devotionals, blogs, speaking, and any other creative source the Holy Spirit prompts me to.
1. To introduce people to Jesus.
2. To refresh people who are hurting.
3. To help people have light-bulb moments with God.
4. To resource people with practical tools for deepening their faith.
People: Because Jesus is crazy about people, I am too. I make every effort to prioritize people – to encourage, refresh, challenge, equip, love, and pray for people.
Prayer: I recognize my own powerlessness, and choose to plug-in to my True Source through prayer. I aim to bathe every decision, concert, resource, and opportunity in prayer.
Biblical Authority: I view the Bible as the centerpiece and cornerstone of my ministry. I believe it is accurate, inerrant, and “God-breathed.”
Transparency: I value being clear and transparent in my ministry practices and finances in order to promote trust and stewardship.
Godly Risk-Taking: I value a general philosophy of Godly risk-taking. If I feel the Holy Spirit has prompted me to do something, I choose obedience over safety. I realize God doesn’t always make sense from my perspective. I value deep dependence on God and trust that when He leads me outside of the box, He will be faithful to walk with me in it.
Grow-As-You-Go: I will stay absolutely debt-free, and therefore, I will need to grow the ministry as I go along and as God provides. I don’t want to limit God. But I seek to be prudent, wise, and a good steward of my resources.
Showing Up: I believe in consistently showing up and offering my best to God. I measure success by obedience, not by the results and outcomes. I understand God is the only One who can change and transform a life. My part is to show up, trust Him, and be relentlessly faithful to His call and vision.
Flexibility: I realize ministry and people are messy. Knowing this, I lean into a flexible attitude, approach, and plan in order to further God’s Kingdom. I am not afraid of Plan B or making adjustments along the way.