A down-to-earth, jeans and t-shirt kinda girl, Rachel ignites fresh faith through music, speaking, writing and laughter.
She cranks out music, spiritual nuggets, and humor in a way that's instantly contagious and engaging. When she shares, spiritual light-bulbs go off all over the room. Full of joy, Jesus, and animation, Rachel's audiences are skillfully invited into a deeper, authentic place with God.
Through 20+ years of pain and illness, Rachel's battle for answers and health have deepened her teaching, music, and messages. Her faith is tested, resiliant, and road-worthy. The story is still unfolding, but God has proven faithful through every chapter. Rachel's ultimate passion is to fuel her listeners with practical tools for life-change in their daily lives.
Rachel caught the attention of the Gospel Music Association when she took home awards for Song of the Year, Artist of the Year, Best in Show, and Judges Choice at the GMA Immerse Conference. This earned her a spotlight performance on the Cinderella Castle Stage at Walt Disney World, opening for TobyMac.
She has shared the stage with artists such as Matthew West, Jars of Clay, and MercyMe.
Rachel was mentored and signed by music publisher veteran Cindy Wilt Colville (Matthew West, Jason Ingram, Cindy Morgan) in Nashville, TN as a staff songwriter.
Rachel continues to write, tour, and speak independently at Women’s Retreats, Conferences, High School Chapels, Rescue Missions, Celebrate Recovery Meetings, Churches, and Prisons.
Her style is considered Redemptive Acoustic Pop. She sounds like a blend of Francesca Battistelli, Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles.
She’s the real deal. Honest. Authentic. “One of us.” Rachel lives with her brainy husband Derek, and their corn-chip smelling lab mix, Joey Smiley Wiggle Socks.
- 2017 Write About Jesus: Grand Prize Winner for the song "Shame Off You."
- CLASS Certified Speaker.
- Best in Show: Gospel Music Association Immerse Conference.
- GMA Immerse Artist of the Year.
- GMA Immerse Song of the Year (American Idol).
- GMA Immerse Judges Choice Award.
- Rachel has been in the lineup with artists such as TobyMac, Jars of Clay, MercyMe, and Matthew West.
- Performed on the Cinderella Castle Stage at Walt Disney World Night of Joy for 5000+ people.
- Ministered to over 100 Celebrate Recovery groups nationwide.
- Ministered internationally to various age groups in France, Fiji Islands, New Zealand, and Poland.
- Radio play on over 100 stations internationally, online, and nationwide.
- Author of "Finally Home" a companion devotional to the original album Finally Home.
- Published a weekly blog called, Spiritual Nuggets for 5+ years.
- Twelve - cowritten and performed with Jill Miller (JillMillerMusic.com)
- Finally Home
- American Idol
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Music Education from Azusa Pacific University, CA.
- Registered Nursing degree from Evergreen Valley College, CA.